- $49 if we prepare an IRS 1040 return without Schedule 1
- $79 if we prepare an IRS 1040 return with Schedule 1
* We charge an additional $30 fee for each IRS Schedule your specific situation requires, excluding Schedules 1-6 and B.
* We charge an additional $20 fee for each additional document we prepare as part of your return, such as most Federal and State forms, and some worksheets, as your specific situation requires
* We charge an additional $30 fee for each additional state return when prepared with the federal and Maine state returns.
* We charge $40 to prepare IRS Form 1040X and/or an AMENDED FORM 1040ME, provided we prepared the original return(s), and assuming the client is now altering their tax position. Additional fees will apply when new forms and/or schedules are prepared, or to amend Non-Maine state returns. In most cases we can help clients to amend tax returns we did not prepare, in which case the fees will be determined based on each specific situation.
* Subject to a $20 return transmission fee by On-Line Taxes, Inc., our third party software partner, clients may optionally purchase our Pay Later offer when we e-file a current year return. In this case tax preparation fees may be deducted from the client’s tax refund. Not all tax refunds are paid as expected, which may leave some Pay Later clients with a balance due for tax preparation fees, which is payable upon demand. Tax refunds are processed by EPS Financial, a division of MetaBank, our third party partner, and then distributed to clients by one of the following three methods;
- We can typically provide in our office to our Pay Later clients an E1 Visa PREPAID debit card that will typically be funded on the same day the IRS or state issues your refund(s). Conditions of use and other fees are subject to EPS terms and conditions, the third party issuing the card. EPS will deduct a $39.95 fee from your refund for this service.
- We can typically offer to our Pay Later clients a direct deposit service offered by EPS, our third party partner. In most cases the client’s bank account is still funded the same day the IRS or state issues your refund. EPS will deduct a $39.95 fee from your refund for this service.
- We can typically offer our Pay Later clients an e-check using a service offered by EPS, our third party partner. Your paper check will typically be available in our office and ready for pick-up on the same day the IRS or state issues your refund. EPS will deduct a $39.95 fee from your refund for this service.
* Some Pay Later clients may be offered a no additional fee, no interest, non-recourse advance of up to 25% of the expected Federal refund (up to $2,500), subject to program criteria. Larger amounts may be available but are then subject to interest charges. Please refer to our FAQ on refund advances for additional details.
* For an additional $50 fee you may purchase audit protection services from our third party partner. This is full-service professional representation in the unlikely event your return(s) are examined or audited. Additionally, a taxpayer may be reimbursed for added expenses incurred up to $2,500 in the event of a preparation error. Please refer to partner documentation for complete terms and conditions, which is available upon request.
* The Federal annual tax return filing season for individual returns generally opens in late January and closes in mid-November. Pre-season refers to the period of time between the start of the calendar year and the day that the IRS officially opens the new season. Generally, tax returns prepared out of season are not transmitted until the new annual filing season opens. A client may at anytime request that we paper file their return. And, subject to a minimum total return preparation fee threshold of $199 based on this fee schedule and excluding 3rd party services, a client may request that we transmit their pre-season tax return during the pre-season.
* For $99 we offer a Tax Planning Workshop. This is a one-hour discussion of the major changes and updates to the tax laws for the upcoming tax season, and an analysis on how it will affect your individual tax situation. The workshop includes a paperback guide.
* We ask that new clients bring with them to their first appointment all current year tax documents as well as their prior year tax return(s) as this is the best way for us to develop a complete understanding of your individual tax scenario. Late documents or statements that materially alter your tax situation may result in additional fees.
* If you write us a check for payment on services performed and it is not paid for any reason you will be responsible for all allowable fees as set forth by Maine statutes. We will of course waive such fees when provided with verification of a bank error.
* We will assess a $25 collection fee on any unpaid balance more than 90 days past due, plus additional allowable costs as set forth by Maine statutes.